Ownwell helps property owners reduce the costs of owning real estate. Our proprietary software automatically identifies property owners that are overpaying on real estate expenses. We then manage the end-to-end process of reducing bills through tax appeals, exemptions, and corrections.
Over $40 billion is overpaid in property taxes every year, and inaccurate tax assessments disproportionately affect people of color, immigrants, as well as low-income communities.
Ownwell is well-funded and venture-backed by some of the best investors in the world. Our customer base has grown by more than 1000% year-over-year with exceptional feedback demonstrating clear product market fit. We are looking for driven and passionate team members who thrive in a collaborative, positive culture where we all win together. If this sounds like the place for you, come help us change the way everyday homeowners manage their real estate across the country.
People are our superpower! Centered in everything we do is a true sense of team. We listen and we learn from each other. We are on this rocketship together and embrace a fast-paced, truly collaborative environment. We are here to win as a team and as a company.
We’ve brought together General Appraisers, Certified Public Accountants, Property Tax Consultants, Data scientists, PhDs, best-in-class customer support representatives, and more to deliver top results for our customers.
Our core values are our guiding principles in everything we do
- Customer Obsession
- Take Ownership
- Do The Right Thing
- Go Far Together
- Constructive Communication
- Be a subject matter expert on data modeling, data pipelines, data quality and data warehousing.
- Design, build and maintain data ETL/ELT pipelines to source and aggregate data for various data analysis and reporting needs.
- Develop integrations with third party systems to source, qualify and ingest various datasets.
- Continually improve the operations, monitoring and performance of the data warehouse.
- Provide data analytics and visualization tools to extract valuable insights from the data to enable data-driven decisions.
- Productionize analytics pipelines on AWS cloud platforms through well-structured, reproducible code and workflows.
- Understand and implement required development guidelines, design standards and best practices always.
- Understand in detail the business operational process both before and after the impact of any software changes.
- Take responsibility through analysis, design, development, and code reviews to ensure due diligence is applied consistently to all software changes.
- Work to identify risks and enhance control across the business.
- 2+ years of professional data engineering experience.
- Experience building and productionizing analytics pipelines, machine learning models and/or ETL processes on cloud platforms like AWS.
- Proficiency with Python and SQL (PostgreSQL, MySQL) programming languages. Optional experience with Scala.
- Experience with the AWS Cloud Ecosystem (e.g., EC2, RDS, Redshift, Glue).
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, and opportunities for professional growth and development. If you're passionate about turning data into insights that drive business decisions, we'd love to hear from you.
- Entrepreneurial culture. Own your career; we are here to support you in the journey.
- Access to First Round Network to build your community outside of Ownwell.
- Flexible PTO. We believe in giving you the flexibility to own your time off. In addition to flexible time off, you will get 11 company holidays. We offer the last week of the year to recharge and reset.
- Competitive health benefits. We care for you and your family’s health, as reflected in our benefits coverage.
- Learning support through a $1,000 stipend per year to enable investing in your individual learning needs.
- Supporting parental journey. We offer up to 16 weeks of fully paid parental and bonding leave to support your journey as a new parent.
- As applicable complimentary real estate and tax consulting licensing and renewal
Ownwell’s vision is to democratize access to real estate expertise. When we say we want to provide access, we mean providing access to everyone. To do that well, we need a team that’s broadly representative. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Ownwell is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status.