Chief Operating Officer
Stitch is a payments infrastructure company on a mission to make it easier for enterprise businesses to connect to the financial system and build better experiences for their customers.
We are expanding the team to enable Stitch to broaden our product offering and extend our geographical footprint.
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) is instrumental in steering our operational strategy, with a focus on enhancing our People, Finance, Legal, and Compliance functions, for each stage of our growth.
- Lead, scale and optimise the legal, compliance, people and finance functions to enable Stitch to achieve its business objectives
- Oversee the People function to develop talent acquisition strategies, nurture employee development, and cultivate a high-performance culture within a startup environment.
- Direct and enhance the Finance operations, focusing on robust financial management, fundraising strategies, and investor relations.
- Lead the Legal and Compliance functions, ensuring adherence to financial regulations and legal standards, both locally and in our markets of operation.
- Implement and refine operational processes and systems to boost efficiency, particularly suitable for a fast-growing fintech startup.
- Foster a collaborative culture across departments, ensuring operational cohesiveness and integration with the company's strategic vision.
- Serve as a key operational advisor to the CEO and President, contributing to broad strategic planning.
- Significant experience in a senior operational role, preferably in a fintech or startup environment.
- Proven expertise in managing People, Finance, Legal, and Compliance departments or in general management of a fast growing tech business
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to inspire and drive a team in a startup setting.
- Excellent communication skills with a proficiency in navigating cross-cultural and multi-disciplinary environments.
- Strategic thinker with an aptitude for problem-solving and agile adaptation to change.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or a related field; MBA or relevant postgraduate degree is highly advantageous.
Benefits & Perks
🏖️ Remote-friendly Work
We recognise and value the importance of enabling remote work and maintaining a globally distributed workforce. We cater to equitable employee experiences for both in-office and remote team members. We remain conscientious about ensuring a level playing field, especially around team events, business meeting practices, and office-driven benefits. While we facilitate remote work, we also see the value in bringing the full team together in person from time to time.
🎨 Stock Ownership
We believe in the power of ownership. That's why every team member becomes a part-owner of Stitch. Our employee stock ownership plan ensures that when the company thrives, you do too.
⏰ Time Off
Taking time off from work is critical to ensure that you can take necessary breaks and have time for important life events outside of work. It also helps you manage your energy better. In line with this, we provide a generous annual leave policy, along with supportive family responsibility, parental, study, and long-tenure sabbatical leave options, designed to accommodate the diverse needs of our team.
📚 Learning & Development Fund
We are committed to the professional growth of our team. Each year, we allocate $3,000 per team member for learning and development, supporting a culture of continuous improvement and skill enhancement.
🩺 Health Insurance Contribution
Recognising the importance of health and well-being, we contribute to health insurance for all team members and provide group health insurance schemes in certain jurisdictions.
To ensure our team has the tools they need, new members receive a brand-new Mac laptop along with the necessary peripheral equipment upon joining Stitch.
💜 Employee Assistance Programmes
We care about the well-being of our team. Our Employee Assistance Programmes provide you with the necessary resources and support to not only excel in your job but also to thrive in your personal life. Whether it's counselling, advice, or support services, we're here to help every step of the way.
Other notable benefits and perks
Celebrations for important life and work milestones
Daily team lunches in the Cape Town office
Annual work retreats
New starter dinners
Frequent team and company events