Senior Designer of Top Frame Product Development
At Pair Eyewear, we’re building the largest global eyecare company in the world focused on bringing personalization to the end to end eyecare experience, starting with your glasses. We’ve developed the first personalized eyewear brand where glasses can be an extension of your personality, mood, and interests. With funding from leading venture capitalists in the consumer space, partnerships in the entertainment, sports, and fashion arenas, and a team of passionate individuals, we’re on a mission to completely revolutionize the eyewear industry. We’re excited that we already have the support of Good Morning America, The Today Show, Oprah Magazine, CNN, and Forbes helping us share our story.
Pair is seeking a Senior Designer of Product Development to help assist in the execution of Pair's top-frame product lines and report to our Sr. Manager of Product Development. As a Senior Designer of Product Development at Pair, you will be responsible for working on the top frame product development process, from conceptualization design to final product launches. Your primary focus will be on creating products that align with the company's brand vision, market trends, and customer preferences. You will be working alongside the Design and Licensing designers to review designs and assets needed for production. You will be working with our growing team, and be collaborating with cross-functional verticals to ensure the successful development and launch of top frames and accessories. You will help ensure our production files and sampling rounds are ready for our hard product collections for adults and kids. This will also include partnership collaborations like Marvel, Harry Potter, MLB, etc.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with our pd team to create innovative and aesthetically appealing top frame designs that cater to various consumer preferences and fashion trends.
- Work with the team to use our top frame development process to ensure all collections get graded to our Pair standards.
- Oversee the creation of production assets and design web assets for every launch.
- Identify and implement process improvements to enhance the efficiency of the product development lifecycle.
- Work closely with Licensing Design to execute the licensing collection assets, including supporting all steps for approvals, from initial sampling to pre-production products.
- Work with your manager to review sampling rounds and take notes to leave documentation to ensure we have all the information.
- Work closely with Design and R&D teams to ensure product concepts are to Merchandising’s vision.
- Communicate progress and potential challenges to stakeholders, including senior management.
- Manage a team of BPO associates
- Assemble and manage collection presentation decks for senior management.
- Use Photoshop and Illustrator to create production art
- Be proficient in the PIM system, making sure that all information is accurate and fully updated
Who You Are:
- Seasoned professional with strong industrial design or product design experience
- Previous experience in accessories or apparel
- Strong portfolio showcases your creative skills
- In-depth understanding of the full cycle of Product Development
- Adept at creating production art that seamlessly integrates with the overall vision.
- Positive and collaborative team player, bringing enthusiasm and creativity to every project
Need to Have:
- 6+ years of experience in Product Development
- Efficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
Nice to Have:
- Experience in the eyewear space is a plus
- Experience in Licensing is a plus
Some Benefits and Perks of Working At Pair:
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Generous vacation policies
- Competitive salaries with equity opportunities
- Retirement savings plan options
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for family and friends)
At Pair, we carefully consider a wide range of factors when determining compensation. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. The pay range for this position is expected to be between $140,000 - $116,000 and will depend on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary short-term and long-term incentives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply.
Pair is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of actual or perceived age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, familial status, family responsibilities, gender identity/expression, genetic information, marital status, matriculation, national origin, personal appearance, political affiliation, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.