Senior DevOps Engineer
Offered.ai is helping First American find great candidates. Click the 'Apply' button to submit your application and learn more about First American and the role.
Who We Are
Join a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for eight consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
What We Do
** Remote Work Welcome**
Be part of a transformative team that is shaping the way First American builds and delivers world-class technology products that fuel the real estate industry. We are looking for the best-of-the-best technology experts that will envision, design, build, and deliver innovative solutions that provides exceptional experiences and lasting value to our customers.
First American is seeking candidates for an engineering role in our Platform Engineering team. An ideal candidate has strong technical expertise, a product mindset, and takes a hands-on approach for driving engineering best practices. As a Principal DevOps Engineer, you will help design and implement our technical architecture, software, and tooling used to deliver and operate our core, mission critical, software platforms. The ideal candidate will have a firm grasp of emerging technologies, platforms, and applications and an ability to customize them to help our business remain secure and efficient.
What You’ll Do
- Technical Leadership: Set the example in driving individual user stories to completion from start to finish. Assess and identify risks that may be present to achieving the team’s larger goals. Document best practices and strategies regarding application deployment and infrastructure maintenance.
- Collaborate/Partner: Work in tandem with our engineering teams and leaders to identify and implement optimal cloud-based solutions for the company.
- Quality & Security Focused: Drive implementation of functionally appropriate and technically sound solutions meeting all quality & security standards.
- Continuous Improvement: Assist the team in achieving ambitious goals, providing regular feedback, and driving continuous improvement. You will participate in all aspects of our software development lifecycle for cloud-based solutions, including planning, defining requirements, developing, and testing those solutions with the team.
What You’ll Bring
- 3+ years in the cloud and DevOps field
- Proven track record for delivering fit for purpose technical solutions balancing complexity, performance, and maintainability
- A balanced approach between Software Engineering principles and modern Infrastructure Operations
- Automation orchestration tooling such as Azure DevOps (ADO), GitHub Enterprise, or Gitlab
- Infrastructure automation tooling such as Terraform and Ansible
- CI/CD best practices and implementation
- AWS infrastructure and cloud-native services such as Lambda and EKS
- Windows Server automation
- Various git patterns such as gitflow and trunk based development
- Working within a highly regulated industry such as Financial Services or Healthcare
- Powershell, Bash, Python, and/or Golang development
- Supporting .NET (Core & Framework), Node.js, and Golang applications
- Containers (Windows and Linux)
- Database automation & administration
- Cloud cost management & automation
- Network/Cloud security core concepts and tooling
- AppSec/DevSecOps tooling such as Veracode SAST and DAST
- Automated software testing (unit, component, API, functional)
- GitOps methodologies
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, with strong relationship, collaborative, and organization skills
Pay Range: $108,240 - $191,125 Annually
This hiring range is a reasonable estimate of the base pay range for this position at the time of posting. Pay is based on a number of factors which may include job-related knowledge, skills, experience, business requirements and geographic location.
What We Offer
By choice, we don’t simply accept individuality – we embrace it, we support it, and we thrive on it! Our People First Culture celebrates diversity, equity and inclusion not simply because it’s the right thing to do, but also because it’s the key to our success. We are proud to foster an authentic and inclusive workplace For All. You are free and encouraged to bring your entire, unique self to work. First American is an equal opportunity employer in every sense of the term.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.