Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Offered.ai is helping Lincoln Financial Group find great candidates. Click the 'Apply' button to submit your application and learn more about Lincoln Financial Group and the role.
Alternate Locations: Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania); Charlotte, NC (North Carolina); Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana); Greensboro, NC (North Carolina); Hartford, CT (Connecticut); Omaha, NE (Nebraska); Work from Home
Remote : Work at home employee residing outside of a commutable distance to an office location.
Relocation assistance: is not available for this opportunity.
The Role at a Glance
This pioneering position within Retail Solutions Data Science will spearhead the development of a deployment platform for data science applications. We are looking for asenior machine learning engineerwith experience deploying production ready machine learning models for enterprise scale to help lead transformational change within a F200 company. This role will contribute to the design and build of a Machine Learning Operations (MLOps) framework for continuous deployment of data science algorithms, and collaborate cross-functionally with teams across the business and IT.
What You'll Be Doing
- Build machine learning (ML) platforms with well structured, quality, clean code, to deploy ML models to solve complex business problems and deliver data-driven insights to internal stakeholders.
- Works closely with Data Scientists, DevOps Engineers, and technical teams to enhance the delivery of ML frameworks.
- Re-factors existing code bases to help optimize inefficient code and improve overall code quality.
- Writes complex configurable code to bridge the gap and ease success for the CI/CD pipelines the DevOps team builds.
- Drives the adoption of tools and API integrations to connect cloud-based systems seamlessly.
- Prepares diagrams of architectural design of algorithms and models.
- Provides subject matter expertise to upskill more junior team members while also being an autonomous individual contributor.
- Initiate MLOps best practices and suggests how to improve current processes, standards, and practices.
- Writes unit tests and may partner with DevOps to conduct performance testing.
- Collaborates with IT security teams to ensure that all data and models are stored and transmitted securely, in compliance with company policies and regulatory requirements.
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders to enhance organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives.
What We’re Looking For
- 3-5+ years’ experience in machine learning or software development including experience working alongside a data science team putting ML models into production at enterprise scale with comprehensive model risk management, and experience working with DevOps and IT teams (required).
- Experience working within cloud environments, including containerization and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.), and Amazon Web Services (e.g., EC2, S3, Lambda, ECS/EKS).
- Solid understanding of REST concepts and the software development life cycle (SDLC); proficiency with Git (branching, committing, pull requests, etc.) and version control.
- Deep experience writing production-grade code (python preferred or Java).
- Practical experience scaling models for speed and data capacity as part of a production system.
- Knowledge of the data science lifecycle and ability to (re)learn statistical methods and contemporary ML algorithms.
- Ability to communicate effectively across diverse teams, fostering collaboration and understanding, and a willingness to be persistent.
What’s it like to work here?
At Lincoln Financial Group, we love what we do. We make meaningful contributions each and every day to empower our customers to take charge of their lives. Working alongside dedicated and talented colleagues, we build fulfilling careers and stronger communities through a company that values our unique perspectives, insights and contributions and invests in programs that empower each of us to take charge of our own future.
What’s in it for YOU:
- A clearly defined career framework to help you successfully manage your career
- Leadership development and virtual training opportunities
- PTO/parental leave
- Competitive 401K and employee benefits
- Free financial counseling, health coaching and employee assistance program
- Tuition assistance program
- A leadership team that prioritizes your health and well-being; offering a remote work environment and flexible work hybrid situations
- Effective productivity/technology tools and training
Pay Range: $105,301 - $190,000
Actual base pay could vary based on non-discriminatory factors including but not limited to work experience, education, location, licensure requirements, proficiency and qualifications required for the role. The base pay is just one component of Lincoln’s total rewards package for employees. In addition, the role may be eligible for the Annual Incentive Program, which is discretionary and based on the performance of the company, business unit and individual. Other rewards may include long-term incentives, sales incentives and Lincoln’s standard benefits package.
About The Company
Lincoln Financial Group helps people to plan, protect and retire with confidence. As of Dec. 31, 2022, approximately 16 million customers trust our guidance and solutions across four core businesses – annuities, life insurance, group protection and retirement plan services. As of September 30, 2023, the company had $290 billion in end-of-period account balances, net of reinsurance. Headquartered in Radnor, Pa., Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. Learn more at LincolnFinancial.com.
Lincoln is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Follow us on Facebook, X, LinkedIn, and Instagram. For the latest company news, visit our newsroom.
Be Aware of Fraudulent Recruiting Activities
If you are interested in a career at Lincoln, we encourage you to review our current openings and apply on our website. Lincoln values the privacy and security of every applicant and urges all applicants to diligently protect their sensitive personal information from scams targeting job seekers. These scams can take many forms including fake employment applications, bogus interviews and falsified offer letters.
Lincoln will not ask applicants to provide their social security numbers, date of birth, bank account information or other sensitive information in job applications. Additionally, our recruiters do not communicate with applicants through free e-mail accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or conduct interviews utilizing video chat rooms. We will never ask applicants to provide payment during the hiring process or extend an offer without conducting a phone, live video or in-person interview. Please contact Lincoln's fraud team at email@example.com if you encounter a recruiter or see a job opportunity that seems suspicious.
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, Veteran status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.
This Employer Participates in E-Verify. See the E-Verify notices.
Este Empleador Participa en E-Verify. Ver el E-Verify avisos.