Sr. Software Engineer II
Offered.ai is helping CrowdStrike find great candidates. Click the 'Apply' button to submit your application and learn more about CrowdStrike and the role.
#WeAreCrowdStrike and our mission is to stop breaches. As a global leader in cybersecurity, our team changed the game. Since our inception, our market leading cloud-native platform has offered unparalleled protection against the most sophisticated cyberattacks. We work on large scale distributed systems, processing over 1 trillion events a day with a petabyte of RAM deployed in our Cassandra clusters - and this traffic is growing daily. We’re looking for people with limitless passion, a relentless focus on innovation and a fanatical commitment to developing and shaping our cybersecurity platform. Consistently recognized as a top workplace, CrowdStrike is committed to cultivating an inclusive, remote-first culture that offers people the autonomy and flexibility to balance the needs of work and life while taking their career to the next level. Interested in working for a company that sets the standard and leads with integrity? Join us on a mission that matters - one team, one fight.
About The Role
Crowdstrike’s Proactive Security Posture Management (PSPM) is a brand new and a key product area for CrowdStrike. We’re extending CrowdStrike’s mission of “stopping breaches” into the next level of sophistication and visibility by ingesting massive amounts of data and applying various techniques and algorithms (including Machine Learning) to provide visibility that was not seen before and also enable automation to a new level in the industry. In this role you will use the latest technologies for building backend services that will ingest data, perform calculations and provide remediation tooling and automation. The language the team uses is GoLang for building microservices and you’ll use various database systems.
We’re a highly collaborative, friendly, inclusive and diverse group that prizes collaboration over competition. We provide opportunities to learn new skills, mentor fellow engineers, and contribute to the direction of both the team and the products for which we’re responsible. We work in a distributed, remote-first, high-trust environment where you manage your own time and have the flexibility to balance your work and personal life. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for taking full ownership of the delivery of our products, driving the technical aspects, helping the team to define the architecture and coordinating with stakeholders in terms of scope and priorities. As a remote employee, you connect to your co-workers mostly via Slack and Zoom. In this setting your ability to work unsupervised, communicate asynchronously, and take initiative in maintaining lines of communication is crucial.
What You'll Do
- Development of back-end services hosting both private and public-facing web services.
- Development of public-facing command-line shell utilities, some which interact with your web services.
- Design of supporting infrastructure (databases, real-time data streams, etc.)
- Integration support and documentation for complimentary teams (ie. UX/UI, Sensors, etc.)
- Participation in configuring and receiving uptime alerts related to the services you control.
- Reflect thoughtfully to improve architecture, models, user experience, performance, and stability following successful rapid prototyping and fast-paced decision making.
- Brainstorm and refine how customers use and apply the vast amounts of data we collect to automate cyber threat intelligence at global scale
- Keeping services up and running in a healthy state
What You'll Use
- AWS Cloud
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of production-level experience in building, delivering, and maintaining systems at scale (millions of data points)
- Ability to design scalable and resilient microservice-based architectures, including clean REST APIs and streaming communication channels
- Strong programming skills – Python or Java, Scala, C#, or Golang
- Deep understand of multithreading, concurrency, and parallel processing technologies
- A thorough understanding of engineering best practices from appropriate testing paradigms to effective peer code reviews and resilient architecture
- Cloud Infrastructure Knowledge: AWS or GCP / Azure
- Team player skills – we embrace collaborating as a team as much as possible
Nice To Have
- Knowledge in graph databases and graph data structures
- Experience in defining ontologies and collaborating with multiple teams while doing so
- Familiarity with event-driven architecture
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes based development and orchestration
- Golang, Cassandra, Kafka, Elasticsearch, SQL, Redis
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes based development and orchestration.
- Contributed to the open source community (GitHub, Stack Overflow, blogging)
- Experience with commercial clouds (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Prior experience in the cybersecurity or intelligence fields.
Benefits Of Working At CrowdStrike
- Remote-first culture
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation and flexible working arrangements
- Comprehensive and inclusive health benefits
- Physical and mental wellness programs
- Paid parental leave, including adoption
- A variety of professional development and mentorship opportunities
- Offices with stocked kitchens when you need to fuel innovation and collaboration
We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where everyone feels seen, heard, valued for who they are and empowered to succeed. Our approach to cultivating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture is rooted in listening, learning and collective action. By embracing the diversity of our people, we achieve our best work and fuel innovation - generating the best possible outcomes for our customers and the communities they serve.
CrowdStrike is committed to maintaining an environment of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action. If you need reasonable accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact Recruiting@crowdstrike.com for further assistance.
CrowdStrike participates in the E-Verify program.
Notice of E-Verify Participation
Right to Work
CrowdStrike, Inc. is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The base salary range for this position in the U.S. is $160,000 - $235,000 per year + variable/incentive compensation + equity + benefits. A candidate’s salary is determined by various factors including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and location.
Expected Close Date of Job Posting is:04-08-2024