Senior Machine Learning Engineering
Offered.ai is helping Axon find great candidates. Click the 'Apply' button to submit your application and learn more about Axon and the role.
Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
Are you passionate about AI? Do you love engineering solutions enabling fast, cutting-edge science? Are you eager to contribute to building products impacting the world for the greater good?
As a ML Engineer at Axon, you will contribute to architecting and implementing the platform used by Axon scientists to transform the public safety space. Collaborating closely with other engineers, you will enable new AI capabilities for Axon products (Fleet, Axon Body, Axon Air, and more) by supporting the training, evaluation, testing and deployment of machine learning models. As part of a multidisciplinary team, you will be exposed to a wide range of domains and applications: from computer vision to speech recognition and NLU, LLMs.
The ideal candidate will have a consistent track record of successfully leveraging and managing large-scale distributed platforms for secure and compliant research in the cloud. They will understand the AI lifecycle and be capable of supporting scientists along the development of state-of-the-art AI solutions, thus contributing to transforming the public safety space.
What You’ll Do
- Architect solutions to train and evaluate models on a distributed architecture.
- Optimize the evaluation and training of models within Axon.
- Architect novel, strategic distributed solutions for continuous model improvement.
- Deliver novel, strategic solutions to accelerate innovation.
- Influence to the AI community by developing state-of-the-art solutions for privacy-preserving distributed model training.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or an equivalent highly technical field.
- 8+ years of software engineering experience and a proven track record of successfully training .
- Proficiency in python, familiarity with ML frameworks such as TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch.
- Advanced knowledge and hands-on experience with at least one cloud environment (such as AWS, Microsoft Azure Oracle, or Google Cloud) and Infrastructure as Code for deploying Platforms at scale.
- Non-trivial understanding of distributed training algorithms.
- Excellent problem solving and software design skills.
- Comfort communicating and interacting with scientists, engineers and ML/product managers.
- Master’s Degree/PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Electronics, Mathematics or an equivalent highly technical field.
- Hands-on experience in solving Computer Vision or Speech Recognition problems in a business setting.
- Proven track record of significant contribution to distributed architectures for model training.
- Familiarity with responsible AI, de-biasing, encryption and de-identifying techniques.
Benefits That Benefit You
- An awesome office/working environment with the latest technologies
- Competitive salary and benefits including a great medical insurance plan for you and your family
- Free lunch, gym, phone stipend, parking
- Fun team activities and outings
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for training and rotations in the US
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, and get inspired
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work
Axon is a total compensation company, meaning compensation is made up of base pay, bonus, and stock awards. The starting base pay for this role is between USD 141,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 271,000 in the highest geographic market. The on target earnings range for this role is between USD 217,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 418,000 in the highest geographic market. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: level, function, training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, geographic market, and often a combination of all these factors. Our benefits offer an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. To see more details on our benefits offerings please visit www.axon.com/careers/benefits
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
Axon’s mission is to Protect Life and is committed to the well-being and safety of its employees as well as Axon’s impact on the environment. All Axon employees must be aware of and committed to the appropriate environmental, health, and safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Axon employees are empowered to report safety concerns as they arise and activities potentially impacting the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.