Software Development Engineer II - Backend
Offered.ai is helping HackerRank find great candidates. Click the 'Apply' button to submit your application and learn more about HackerRank and the role.
We’re revolutionizing tech hiring by giving companies a skills-based hiring platform that allows them to effectively assess technical skills. We're a friendly, motivated, and passionate bunch looking for more smiling faces to join us. We’re growing fast and looking to add to our Engineering team. This position is Full-Time and Remote within the United States.
HackerRank is the leader in the technical hiring space and we continue to innovate and revolutionize this space. Do you have coding skills, passion for driving innovation and creativity for solving problems? Does building AI driven next generation products and solutions excite you? Come join us!! We are looking to add a full-time,100% remote engineer to our fast growing engineering team.
You Will Be Working On
- Evaluate technologies, develop POCs, solve technical challenges and propose innovative solutions for our technical and business problems
- Delight our stakeholders, customers and partners by building high quality, well tested, scalable and reliable business applications
- Architecting and developing applications and microservices using REST APIs, serverless, lambda, NodeJS, Docker, Kubernetes, CICD, automation (Backend Engineers)
- Deliver high-quality product experiences to these personas -- in a quality-conscious manner, and on a regular and predictable schedule
- A passion for quality and delivering well tested and testable solutions
- Design and implement REST APIs
- Work in agile development environment, participate in code reviews
- Collaborate with remote development teams and cross-functional teams.
We Are Looking For
- Strong and self motivated individuals, should be able to independently drive decisions
- Solid experience in building web based products
- Overall of 2+ years expertise in at least one dynamic programming language and one MVC web framework, preferably one of Ruby on Rails, NodeJS
- Expertise in Database modeling, preferably relational DB, spotting DB bottlenecks and writing optimized DB queries
- Expertise in all common Cloud technologies, preferably AWS. Knowledge of CI/CD tools and workflows
- Proven track record in building highly-available and scalable distributed systems
- Willingness to play and explore with new technologies and be a Subject Matter Expert and support them
- Someone who believes in small incremental improvements and passionate about refactoring
- A keen eye to quality with regards to following and establishing good coding practices, improving code coverage
- Good stakeholder management, ability to build trust and rapport with internal and external stakeholders
Nice To Have
- Web front end development experience
- Good knowledge of AJAX and JSON,
- Built react components
- Integration experience
Benefits & Perks
We have a full package of competitive benefits and perks which include:
- One-time home office set up stipend
- Monthly Remote Work Enablement Stipend
- Professional Development Reimbursement
- Wellbeing Benefits (Headspace, Carrot, Cleo, etc)
- Unlimited paid time off, paid leave for new parents, and flexible work hours
- Insurance for all employees (term life, personal accident, medical) along with medical insurance for their dependents
- Employee stock options, flexible work hours, and time off
HackerRank is a Y Combinator alumnus backed by tier-one Silicon Valley VCs with total funding of over $100 million. The HackerRank Developer Skills Platform is the standard for assessing developer skills for 2,800+ companies across industries and 18M+ developers around the world. Companies like LinkedIn, Stripe, and Peloton rely on HackerRank to objectively evaluate skills against millions of developers at every step of the hiring process, allowing teams to hire the best and reduce engineering time. Developers rely on HackerRank to turn their skills into great jobs. We’re data-driven givers who take full ownership of our work and love delighting our customers!
HackerRank is a proud equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal opportunity to everyone for employment on the basis of individual performance and qualification. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We offer a comprehensive total rewards package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business.
Total compensation and benefits consist of salary, quarterly performance incentives, equity (stock options), medical, dental, vision, life insurance, travel insurance, monthly work from home stipend, learning and development reimbursements, flexible remote first work culture, 401(K), flexible time off, generous parental leave and more. Under our flexible paid time off policy, you’ll decide how much time you need based on your own personal circumstances.
Current base salary range: $100,000 to $115,000. Exact salary may vary based on skills, experience, location, market ranges, and other compensation offered. Salary range does not include other compensation components, commission (for sales related roles), bonuses, or benefits that you may be eligible for. Salary may be adjusted based on business needs.