Data Scientist IV
Offered.ai is helping Availity find great candidates. Click the 'Apply' button to submit your application and learn more about Availity and the role.
Availity delivers revenue cycle and related business solutions for health care professionals who want to build healthy, thriving organizations. Availity has the powerful tools, actionable insights and expansive network reach that medical businesses need to get an edge in an industry constantly redefined by change.
At Availity, we're not just another Healthcare Technology company; we're pioneers reshaping the future of healthcare! With our headquarters in vibrant Jacksonville, FL, and an exciting office in Bangalore, India, along with an exceptional remote workforce across the United States, we're a global team united by a powerful mission.
We're on a mission to bring the focus back to what truly matters – patient care. As the leading healthcare engagement platform, we're the heartbeat of an industry that impacts millions. With over 2 million providers connected to health plans, and processing over 13 billion transactions annually, our influence is continually expanding.
Join our energetic, dynamic, and forward-thinking team where your ideas are celebrated, innovation is encouraged, and every contribution counts. We're transforming the healthcare landscape, solving communication challenges, and creating connections that empower the nation's premier healthcare ecosystem.
Reporting to the Director of Data Science Development, this Data Scientist IV specializing in AI Ops is an individual contributor role in the Data & AI Department on the Data Science Development team. This role is for a data scientist who is not only a strong critical thinker and problem solver but also a data science cloud architect and MLOps tools expert. They have a high proficiency in machine learning engineering as well as general data science and AI solution component engineering (beyond only ML), pipeline creation, and systems tooling used for deploying and maintaining end-to-end production data science or AI solutions in public Cloud platforms.
Sponsorship, in any form, is not available for this position.
Location: Remote, US
- Bachelor’s degree in (CS, Math, Data Science, Engineering, or other quantitative field) PLUS 7 yrs relevant work experience, or computational MS + 5 yrs, or PhD +3 yrs with computational research experience, or overall equivalent length of requisite work experience in lieu of a degree.
- Hands-on AI/ML algorithm development experience leveraging ML libraries and frameworks.
- Strong proficiency and real-world experience with developing ML and other data science solutions in a cloud-native, micro-service environment. AWS experience is a plus.
- 2-yrs experience writing Helm charts and Infrastructure as Code, with preference for Terraform/Terragrunt experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Python and SQL programming.
- Strong proficiency with software tools/practices such as Git, CI/CD pipelines, and integration testing.
- Experience creating APIs and other integration frameworks.
- Autonomous worker, able to define technical development themes/epics and user stories from business requirements and drive work to completion.
- A creative mind with excellent analytical, critical-thinking, and problem-solving skills that reliably demonstrates attention to details and accuracy in execution.
- Ability to independently and quickly learn and skill-up with unfamiliar data and/or products.
- Ability to thrive in both collaborative and independent work environments.
- Excellent communication skills in explaining engineering concepts and architecture and/or data flow diagrams to audiences with varying levels of experience.
Nice To Have
- Experience working with large scale healthcare claims and clinical data.
- Familiar with healthcare data standards.
- Experience working in an “Agile” and/or “Scrum” development environment using tools such as JIRA.
- Knowledge of other DevOps concepts, such as Infosec and/or Networking.
What You Will Be Doing
- Solve business problems and discover meaningful business narratives told by the data by performing data exploration and mining and applying statistical techniques and machine learning algorithms.
- Collaborate with product management and business stakeholders following design thinking principals to understand requirements and then contribute to the design of insightful ML, MLOps, and/or DevOps solution designs that meet business objectives.
- Create architecture diagrams and other technical documentation to support solution design; establish and document ML standards within the team.
- Create and manage CI/CD pipelines for machine learning models and data science solution-supporting IaC, as well as the IaC development, testing, and production deployment via Terraform/Terragrunt to incorporate AWS services and other relevant technologies, such as Airflow, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Extract and manipulate large data sets, leveraging tools such as Python, PySPark, Scala, and SQL.
- Demonstrate solution/algorithm feasibility by developing ML model prototypes and communicating risk and limitations that may impact deliverables.
- Build production quality machine learning models and MLOps training and monitoring dashboards, using relevant analytics to assess the health, performance, and reliability of production models.
- Maintain familiarity with Availity policies and best practices in engineering and security to ensure all products meet standards and requirements for HIPAA, HITRUST, and other applicable compliance policies.
- Participate in code review, maintaining responsibility for the quality, accuracy, and conformance to the latest versions of Availity code templates.
- Collaborate with other Availity technical and product teams to facilitate multi-team project execution and solution deployment.
- Troubleshoot solution component errors and system or ML model performance problems in production and potentially be on-call for Tier 2 support of production systems.
- Identify areas where automation could increase team efficiency and independently design and implement useful automated solutions.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior associates, modeling effective working relationships and solution-building that demonstrates team and Availity culture and values.
- Assume technical ownership of project MLOps/DevOps tooling and CI/CD pipelines and lead solution component design efforts in collaboration with architects and Availity’s infrastructure, Infosec, and Cloud Services teams, following Availity Best Practices, Engineering Excellence, and Change Control expectations.
- Research emerging ML, MLOps, and DevOps tools and techniques to stay abreast of the most current technologies and best practices in the industry to ensure our solutions and products keep pace with advancements in the field.
- Provide ongoing technical oversight for projects, including ensuring conformance to best practices and performing code/PR reviews.
- Supply context for and manage the creation of business intelligence or advanced analytics work products, including reports, dashboards, visualizations, etc. to adequately tell the business narrative and offer recommendations that are actionable and have material impact.
- Maintain good organization and time management practices to estimate level of effort and capacity for project planning and drive technical project work to meet business deadlines.
- Communicate with Product and other Stakeholders on project-related topics.
- Other tasks as assigned to meet team commitments.
Availity Culture And Benefits
- Availity is a certified “Great Place to Work”, a “Best Workplaces for Technology Companies”, a “Best Workplaces for Women” and a “Best Workplaces for Millennials”!
- Culture is important to us and there are many ways for you to make your mark here!
- We have several Diversity & Inclusion teams and various ways to engage with fellow Availity associates. “AvaiLadies”, “Beyond Black”, “HOLA”, “Availity Pride”, “VetAvaility” a Young Professionals Group and “She Can Code IT” a group for women in tech are some of the groups you can get involved in.
- Availity is a culture of continuous learning. We have many resources and experts in our tech stack and in our industry that can help get you there too!
- We offer a competitive salary, bonus structure, generous HSA company contribution, healthcare, vision, dental benefits and a 401k match program that you can take advantage of on day one!
- We offer unlimited PTO for salaried associates + 9 paid holidays. Hourly associates start at 19 days of PTO and go up from there with all the same holiday benefits.
- Interested in wellness? We allow our associates to reimburse up to $250/year for gym memberships, participation in racing events, weight management programs, etc.
- Interested in furthering your education? We offer education reimbursement!
- Availity offers Paid Parental Leave for both moms and dads, both birth parents and adoptive parents.
- Want to work for an organization that gives back to the community? You’re at the right place! Availity partners with various organizations, both locally and nationally, to raise awareness, funds and morale as our staff members volunteer their time and funds to engage the organizations campaign.
After you apply, you will receive text/email messages thanking you for applying and then you will continue to receive more text/email messages alerting you as to where you are in the recruitment process.
- Recruiter resume review
- Manager resume review
- Recruiter video interview
- Manager video interview
- Technical assessment
- Panel video interview