Full Stack Engineer
Offered.ai is helping Capital One find great candidates. Click the 'Apply' button to submit your application and learn more about Capital One and the role.
Locations: US Remote, United States of AmericaFull Stack Engineer - Capital One Software (Remote)
Capital One has taken a bold journey to build a technology company, while operating in a complex, highly regulated business. We have built out a large engineering organization, moved to the cloud, re-architected our applications and data platforms, and embraced machine learning at scale. Our AI/ML capabilities are now at the forefront of what’s possible in banking (e.g., Eno).
As we uncovered new challenges along the way, we built and battle tested new capabilities to meet those needs. We’ve open sourced several of the software tools we built (e.g., Cloud Custodian, Hygieia) and forged new partnerships with other digital leaders (e.g., Microsoft).
We've developed a suite of internal solutions uniquely designed to meet the challenges of a digital-first, cloud-first business at scale. Today, the Capital One Software team is exploring how these internal solutions across cloud, data, security, governance, and applications could serve the needs of other companies born or built in the cloud.
Capital One Software is a new enterprise B2B software business focused on providing cloud and data management solutions to companies operating in the cloud. This is Capital One’s first foray into the enterprise software market and comes after years spent building our own in-house cloud and data management tools that enable us to operate at scale in the cloud. As a Capital One Software Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to be on the forefront of driving a major transformation within Capital One.
We’re looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to join the Capital One Software team!
What You’ll Do:
- Be part of a team to design, architect, and then deliver distributed microservices based robust, cloud native, resilient, and highly scalable solutions in data management and security domains
- Work to build abstractions on top of back-end Kubernetes based systems so as to remove complexity of moving users of our multi-tenant machine learning platforms across different systems
- Share your passion for staying on top of tech trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies, participating in internal & external technology communities and mentoring other members of the engineering community.
- Has a strong engineering and technology background with the ability to learn quickly and go deep into our product and engineering solutions
- Promote a culture of engineering excellence and being well-managed, using opportunities to reuse and innersource solutions where possible. Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Collaborate with architects and product managers, and deliver robust cloud-based solutions that drive powerful experiences for our customers
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 2 years of experience in software engineering (Internship experience does not apply)
- Master’s Degree
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering.
- 2+ years of experience in one or more of the following: GoLang, Java, Python, Lua, React, Nginx, Rust, or C++
- 1+ years of experience with AWS, GCP, Azure, or another cloud service
- 1+ years of experience with containerization technologies
- 1+ years of experience in open source frameworks
- 1+ years of experience in Big Data, Data Security, Governance and Controls
- 1+ years of experience in building front-end development
- 1+ years of experience in Agile practices
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Remote (Regardless of Location): $117,400 - $134,000 for Software Engineer
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate’s offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This role is expected to accept applications for a minimum of 5 business days.No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).