Offered.ai is helping KO Business Solutions find great candidates. Click the 'Apply' button to submit your application and learn more about KO Business Solutions and the role.
KO Business Solutions is proud to be working with a growing firm specializing in accounting, tax, and consulting services based in Philadelphia and Chicago who is currently seeking an additional Staff Accountant- Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable to join their Chicago team. Our client provides a variety of accounting, tax, and consulting services to help business owners and nonprofits focus on what they do best: fulfill their missions and lead in the communities they serve. If you’re ready to build a successful and rewarding career with a company who has set out to bridge the gap between traditional bookkeepers and business owners, we may have just the perfect fit for you!
Location: Remote in the Midwestern US
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
Job Type: Full-time, Direct Hire
Our client services small to medium-sized businesses and non-profits across a variety of industries to provide cost-effective and comprehensive accounting and financial reporting services. In this role, you will serve as a subject matter expert in accounts payable and accounts receivable processes and procedures for one of their larger clients, as well as support other accounting responsibilities as needed. Some of your key responsibilities will be:
- Process a high volume of vendor invoices
- Setup new vendors in accounting system, manage W-9 and 1099 compliance procedures
- Post business transactions and verify financial data
- Maintain records of outstanding payables and make recommendations for prioritizing payments.
- Verify the accuracy of payments and financial documents.
- Assist in creating monthly statements and reports for accounts payable.
- Recognize opportunities for process improvement across accounts payable.
- Create and submit invoices to customers.
- Post, verify, and record customer payments and transactions.
- Maintain customer files and monitor overdue payments.
- Coordinate communications on past-due accounts and collections.
- Verify the accuracy of customer accounts and billing records.
- Assist in creating monthly statements and reports for accounts receivable.
- Recognize opportunities for process improvement across accounts receivable.
- AP/AR Management
- Assist the account team with routine audits related to financial statements, retirement benefit plan and workers compensation (workers comp)
- Participate in internal account team meetings and external client meetings
- Other duties as required
- Ability to self-manage and work independently in a remote environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Excel
- Ability to manage multiple clients, deadlines, and projects simultaneously.
- Strong organizational skills and very detail-oriented
- Experience using accounting software required. Familiarity with Financial Edge, Financial Edge NXT or equivalent a plus.
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in accounting required; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in accounts payable/receivable.
- Flexible work environment
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Comprehensive health insurance, as well as dental and vision plans
- Company paid holidays and vacation time
- Regular team building events and company holiday parties
Equal Opportunity Employer
KO Business Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws
Pay rate: $65,000-$75,000