CX Manager, Operations & Performance Management
Headway’s mission is a big one - to build a new mental health care system everyone can access. We’ve built technology that helps people find great therapists with the first software-enabled national network of providers accepting insurance.
1 in 4 people in the US have a treatable mental health condition, but the majority of providers don’t accept insurance, making therapy too expensive for most people. Headway is building a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access by making it easy for therapists to take insurance and scale their practice.
Headway was founded in 2019 – since then, we’ve grown into a diverse, national network of over 25,000 mental healthcare providers across all 50 states who run their practice on our software. We’re a Series C company powering 500k+ appointments per month with over $225m in funding from a16z (Andreessen Horowitz), Accel, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Spark Capital, Thrive Capital, and Health Care Service Corporation.
We want your time here to be the most meaningful experience of your career. Join us, and help change mental healthcare for the better.
Headway is looking for an experienced CX Manager to lead a team of CX Team Leads and help scale customer services infrastructure as we rapidly expand our geographic reach. Our CX team is the tip of the spear that will make affordable healthcare a reality for millions, and you will be there to shape this experience. This is a unique opportunity in an industry that needs to be rebuilt.
You’ll come in and manage a team responsible for providing exceptional care and service to mental healthcare providers and clients. Your team of CX team leads works with individuals contributors in the organization to help them support the team of CX Associates & Specialists. This role will index very heavily on scaling operational frameworks to drive performance management.
You will have a unique opportunity to build new systems, processes, and infrastructure for a fast-growing team. You will play a pivotal role in putting in place and consistently improve the foundation that allows us to deliver on persistently high NPS and CSAT. Beyond that, you will work closely with your fellow CX manager and the Head of CX to develop and pursue Headway’s vision for the best-in-class provider and client experience.
What you’ll do
- Manage a team of up 6 Team Leads, with a focus on driving performance management, coaching, engagement, and culture
- Actively monitor Zendesk queues and take proactive measures to ensure optimal customer experience and team performance
- Develop incentive strategy that drives individual and team performance
- Create real-time performance dashboards to assess daily team performance in addition to incentive-based performance
- Create and foster a respectful and inclusive team environment by welcoming and celebrating differences to ensure a supportive, productive, and engaged experience for all team members
- Serve as a mentor to Team Leads and frontline associates, providing coaching around career growth and sharing feedback that retains our top talent by keeping them learning and growing
- Track metrics for Team Leads, managing and driving team performance around CSAT, QA, Productivity, and eNPS
- Facilitate weekly team meetings
- Support ongoing learning and development of team members consistently and equitably by coordinating ongoing professional development opportunities for Team Leads
- Address employee concerns or issues, including knowing when to partner with internal support to take appropriate action
- Support CXA hiring cycles, with a focus on hiring individuals with various experiences, backgrounds, and skill sets to drive key results and performance
- Liaise with workforce manager on capacity planning and provide scheduling insights on behalf of Team Leads
- Collaborate cross-functionally to identify and implement process improvements that bring greater efficiency as we scale
- Recommend changes to Headway processes and/or product to meet patient and provider needs
- Be an incredible advocate for the team, and for our customers
Who you are:
- You have 3+ years of experience managing CX managers/team leads (not direct agents) and enjoy investing in ongoing learning and coaching
- You have 2+ years of frontline CX support experience, empathy for clients and can bring best practices for client problem-solving to our team
- You have directly driven performance management initiatives and instilled a high culture of operational excellence
- You have experience creating performance incentives and know when to engage
- You are comfortable providing productivity and cultural feedback to support the growth and development of your team
- You have a strong bias to action and a knack for operational excellence
- You are energized by ambiguous and fast-paced tech environments
- You have passion for Headway’s mission
- An effective people-centric leader with the desire to cultivate top performance and unbeatable engagement within the team you lead
- You are a team player not afraid to jump into front line support; you understand the value of staying close to the work of your team
- You have demonstrated success in working collaboratively with a wide variety of business stakeholders
- You have an organized and data-driven approach; you blend sound business judgment with team feedback to collaborate on solutions with partners
- You tackle challenging conversations head-on through passionate problem-solving abilities. You navigate sensitive and high-pressure member-facing situations and de-escalations with resilience, creativity, and orient around solutions
- Experience leading projects and collaborating with others to achieve goals
- You lead by example with all of Headway’s Cultural Principles
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary information is based on a single salary target per role and is differentiated based on geographic location (Group A, B, or C)
- Group A: $150,000
- Group B: $135,000
- Group C: $120,000
- Examples of cities located in each Compensation Grouping:
- Group A = NYC/Tri-State Area, SF/Bay Area, LA Area, Seattle, Boston, Austin, and San Diego
- Group B = Chicago, Miami, Denver, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Minneapolis, Nashville, Sacramento, Phoenix, and Portland
- Group C = All remaining cities
- Benefits offered include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- HSA / FSA
- Work-from-Home Stipend
- Therapy Reimbursement
- 13 paid holidays each year as well as a Holiday Break during the week between December 25th and December 31st
- Unlimited PTO
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Training and professional development
We believe a team's strength is in its people, and we cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem - across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience.
Headway employees work remotely across the US, with the option to work from offices in New York City and (coming soon!) San Francisco. Headway participates in E-Verify. To learn more, click here.