Senior Product Designer
Headway is building a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access. We make it easy for people to find quality in-network mental health care by removing historic barriers faced by mental health providers, payers, and patients.
1 in 4 people in the US have a treatable mental health condition, but the vast majority do not get the care they need. The primary reason is cost: the majority of therapists do not accept insurance, meaning paying for therapy is prohibitively expensive for prospective patients. This is where we got our start – Headway has built the first software-enabled network of therapists who accept health insurance, making it easy for therapists to grow their practices, and possible for patients to find quality care they can afford.
We launched in April of 2019 and are now powering 400,000+ appointments per month. To scale our vision, we’ve raised over $100 million in funding from a16z, Thrive, Accel, and Google Ventures.
Join us, and make an impact
About The Role
In this highly impactful role, you will collaborate closely with our core product teams to help deliver strategic initiatives, set product and design vision, and deliver thoughtful design solutions around our provider and patient experiences. Through this work, you'll have the opportunity to shape the future of Headway and play a pivotal role in building a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access.
- Use your product thinking, visual design, and system steward skills to collaborate with a talented and mission driven XFN team to evolve our product vision and build product solutions.
- Contribute and evolve Headway design system (Helix) as we scale the provider experiences.
- Contribute to the team culture, process, foundation and help grow a world class startup design team.
You will be a great fit if:
- You have experience in leading and delivering product solutions of large and/or ambiguous scope, usually at a more system level.
- You’re inspired by complex customer problems, early stage product development, setting vision, and helping teams hold a high bar for craft.
- You have a strong portfolio showcasing a diverse range of projects.
- You have experience with working across XFN partners, with the ability to present, motivate and inspire others.
- You are motivated by our mission. We are working to solve the biggest problems in mental health care today (access and affordability).
We believe a team's strength is in its people, and we cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem - across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience.
Headway employees work remotely across the US, with the option to work from our NYC HQ.
Headway participates in E-Verify. To learn more, click here.