Business Development Associate
Headway is building a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access. We make it easy for people to find quality in-network mental health care by removing historic barriers faced by mental health providers, payers, and patients.
1 in 4 people in the US have a treatable mental health condition, but the vast majority do not get the care they need. The primary reason is cost: the majority of therapists do not accept insurance, meaning paying for therapy is prohibitively expensive for prospective patients. This is where we got our start – Headway has built the first software-enabled network of therapists who accept health insurance, making it easy for therapists to grow their practices, and possible for patients to find quality care they can afford.
We launched in April of 2019 and are now powering 400,000+ appointments per month. To scale our vision, we’ve raised over $100 million in funding from a16z, Thrive, Accel, and Google Ventures.
Join us, and make an impact
As a Business Development Associate, you will be the operational and analytical horsepower that accelerates our company’s health plan partnerships efforts with health plans across the nation ensuring we build a mental healthcare system everyone can access. This role will ultimately be on the front-line of rewiring mental healthcare in America.
Reporting to one of Headway’s Business Development Directors, you will lead market analysis that shapes our prioritization of markets and payer partners, own healthcare research that will inform our health plan partnerships tact, and build out sales infrastructure that allows us to coordinate dozens of parallel efforts without breaking a sweat.
You will thrive in this role if…
- You have 3+ years of experience in consulting, banking, or a similar role where you owned complex analytical and/or operational problems from end-to-end. Bonus points for direct healthcare experience.
- You are resourceful, scrappy, and leave no stone unturned. Where others see challenges, you see opportunities.
- You are operationally excellent, able to manage a large volume of moving pieces.
You will love this role if…
- You thrive in ambiguity, and seek out opportunities to dive into unfamiliar challenges, drive towards outcomes, and shape strategy.
- You seek an environment that fosters individual growth through open-feedback and high-autonomy.
- You are motivated by the opportunity to face off against one of our generation’s defining problems: access to mental healthcare.
We believe a team's strength is in its people, and we cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem - across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience.
Headway employees work remotely across the US, with the option to work from our NYC HQ.
Headway is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Headway will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.