Senior Full-Stack Engineer
At Bonside, we are reimagining the future of brick-and-mortar.
In 2021, the brick-and-mortar retail channel generated ~$19.1T in sales – that’s 80% of all retail sales. However, the financing options available to these businesses are not addressing their needs - they’re difficult to access, they don’t value what makes a successful B&M brand, and the repayment constructs are complicated and costly – until now…
Bonside launched the Repeatable Revenue Agreement (RRA), an asset class providing tailor-made growth capital to brick-and-mortars. Our financing leverages the unique strengths of physical businesses — features like measured growth, repeat revenue, and community involvement.
The RRA is only the first step in becoming the financial operating system for brick-and-mortars.
Today, our software ingests source of truth data from businesses, runs it through financial models, and generates terms for businesses to borrow capital. We also operate a marketplace for accredited investors to invest in this new asset class that pays back monthly. As we scale, you will be a key driver in not only evolving these systems we have in place today, but also in building the roadmap that digitally transforms brick-and-mortars.
About this role:
We are looking for a curious, pragmatic Senior Full-Stack Engineer to join our founding engineering team at Bonside. As an early member of the team, you will be given a seat at the table to drive initiatives that meaningfully shape the trajectory of the business.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Architecting, expanding, and maintaining the data integrations with brick-and-mortar software systems
- Evolving our investor marketplace web application
- Codifying financial logic and displaying results that facilitate human judgment
- Working with our growth team to execute customer acquisition strategies and experiments
- Proficiency across the stack in any language
- High communication and the desire to be collaborative across the team
- If you have a leaning towards one end of the full-stack spectrum, an eagerness to learn and operate in other areas of engineering that you are less familiar with
- Flexibility to ebb and flow with changing business priorities
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
Current Tech Stack:
- Frontend: Typescript, NextJS, tRPC, Tailwind
- Backend: NextJS, Node, Prisma, Postgres
- Infrastructure: Vercel, Supabase, Serverless functions
- Tooling: Retool
Who you are:
We believe that great engineers strive for high empathy and clear communication to affect change throughout the business. We are looking for pragmatic individuals who can balance time, maintainability, and cost. If any of the following resonates, let’s talk:
- You’ve honed your craft and you’re hungry to leverage your problem solving skills into real business outcomes
- You want to surround yourself with other highly-motivated individuals
- You have a unique ability to think cross-functionally and uncover value in ambiguity
- You appreciate the power of finance or want to learn
- Despite the looming metaverse, you believe there will always be a need for brick and mortar experiences
Who we are:
We are ambitious. We’re crafting a future where brick-and-mortar growth is the center of our economy. It means rebuilding the way things are done today with laser-focused intention.
We are curious. We’re in uncharted territory, which requires a “leave no stone unturned” mentality.
We are winners. If you want to prove to yourself what you're capable of when there's no red tape: this is your opportunity.
We are backed by the best. We’re seed stage, backed by the brightest investors who have spearheaded innovations across finance, technology and brick-and-mortar.