Senior Account Executive
Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company backed with $160M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high-growth companies.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our high-growth and innovative customers. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?
Vouch is a Virtual First Workplace with San Francisco, Chicago, and New York office locations. This role can be based anywhere in the U.S. as long as you can work our Vouch core collaboration hours (8:30 am-2:30 pm Pacific Time.)
Do you have a commercial and business insurance background and enjoy working with innovative clients? As a Senior Account Executive, you will be responsible for growing a book of business, reviewing and evaluating information to assess client risks. You will act as the day-to-day point of contact for various accounts, utilizing your prior experience to provide best-in-class service to our clients.
We pride ourselves on making things fast, easy, and tailored for our customers. Some of our best customer feedback is about our fantastic customer experience and service. You’ll be responsible for helping us scale that reputation.
- Establish trusted relationships with our clients
- Manage a book of growing accounts, including selling products and advising on risk solutions
- Support our Horizon New Business sales team in closing new business opportunities
- Deliver consistent and timely follow-up in response to client requests and issues
- Establish the deal strategy of products to be quoted, and work with your underwriting and brokerage partners to secure quotes to present to clients
- Ensure clients are comfortable with and able to utilize the tools/services available through the Vouch platform
- Drive additional value by identifying follow-up opportunities for Vouch
- Analyze existing insurance packages and evaluate risk and coverage needs
- 5+ years of Account Management and/or Brokerage experience within the Commercial Insurance space, ideally with exposure to technology companies
- Strong preference for prior working experience in the following commercial lines:
- Management Liability
- Cyber / Tech E&O
- Professional Liability
- Strong Sales, Communication, and Marketing skills are critical; one must be able to demonstrate success in managing tight time frames and high volumes of work
- Dependable, coachable, proactive, positive, and detail-oriented with excellent follow-through skills
- Able to deal well with ambiguity and maintain composure in complex situations
- Strongly preferred: Active/Current Property and Casualty License; otherwise will need to get one in the first 60 days of the role
Nice to have:
- Exposure to and passion for early-stage startups and/or high-growth environments
- Experience working with high-growth renewals in an insurance context (e.g., venture-backed startups and/or technology companies)
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)
The pay range for this role is: $125,000 to $140,000 per year, including on-target variable pay.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry and are one part of our total compensation package that also includes benefits and other perks.
We also include stock options in all compensation packages and believe all Vouch employees should have the opportunity to become owners in the company.
Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skill set, location, and business need. The base pay range provided is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Vouch believes in putting our people first, and building a diverse team is at the front of everything we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ranges of abilities. We are an equal-opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to . #LI-Remote