Research Analyst - Reports Team
Remote · United States
Posted on Wednesday, August 4, 2021
Founded in 2018, with employees across the world, The Block is the leading research, analysis, and news brand in the digital asset space. The Block's team is spread across 5 continents and 15+ time zones, covering the global cryptocurrency space 24/7.At The Block, we see digital assets as a ubiquitous part of the future. As this space continues to evolve, we view our role as the trusted moderator and authoritative voice for those who invest in, work with, make decisions about, or seek to understand digital assets.
The Block Research is looking for a passionate individual to join our 25-person research team. As a research analyst for reports, you will produce unique insights about the digital assets industry that institutions and corporate executives around the world rely on.
You will work directly with the existing research reports team. Moreover, by leveraging our strong industry network, you will expand your existing knowledge base and have the opportunity to build your own personal brand on social media.
Having access to the full spectrum of digital asset data providers, you will be able to utilize your analytical skills to produce state-of-the-art insights that are in high demand by digital asset venture capital firms and investment companies.
This role offers competitive compensation and significant opportunities for advancement.
Please only apply to the Research role that fits your background the best. We may consider applications for other roles as per internal demand.
Job Duties / Responsibilities:
- Researching various digital asset related topics and synthesizing findings into deep-dive thematic reports
- Meeting research report deadlines and communicating with sponsors/clients
- Identifying prospective report topics and drafting marketing materials to support outbound sales initiatives
- Other tasks related to being part of an early-stage company that receives numerous requests for public appearances, knowledge sharing, and community interaction
Successful candidates will likely have:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 2 years experience in digital assets, traditional finance, or data analytics setting, although all backgrounds will be considered
- A desire to develop subject matter expertise across multiple disciplines in the digital assets industry and a willingness to research new topics
- Knowledge of the current digital asset ecosystem, blockchains, and underlying technological frameworks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with high attention to detail
- The following professional certifications are a plus: CFA, FRM, Series 7, Series 24, and CPA
About The Block:
Who We Are: The culture of The Block lies in our key behaviors. It’s who we are and it’s how we show up everyday.
We are confidently humble. We jump in and roll up our sleeves. We know there’s always more to learn and we operate without egos.
We are actionably curious. We strive to be an expert in our field and always seek opportunities to expand our knowledge and skill set. We put our learnings into practice every day.
We practice tenacious ownership. Every day when we show up we are contributors, teammates, and owners. We rotate through those three hats with agility and without sacrificing accountability or consistency.
We practice respectful partnership. We treat others as we’d expect to be treated - with respect, concern, understanding, and patience.
Why You Should Work Here:
We take care of our employees and we have the benefits and perks to support it. Our full-time, US based employees are eligible for Unlimited PTO, remote first environment, high health plan employer contributions, monthly wellness stipend, generous parental leave policy, 401k match, fitness partnerships, fertility benefits, One Medical membership and citibike membership.
We’re a remote first company which allows us to hire the best person for the job regardless of location.
Impactful work. Regardless of your role at The Block you’re making a meaningful contribution to our mission in accelerating the evolution of financial systems through independent reporting and technical research of all projects influencing the future of financial services.
What Else Should You Know?
The Block is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
During our application process we collect completely anonymous diversity information. Providing this information is voluntary but we want you to know what we do with it. We use the data to ensure that our recruiting practices are bringing diverse talent to the organization and we are reacting where we are coming up short. We strive to use the data to ensure we have the tools and resources for all employees both during the interview process and should those employees choose to join us at The Block.