Product Marketing Manager
Smile Identity builds trust.
Smile Identity is Africa's leading identity verification, and digital Know Your Customer (KYC) provider. We help companies scale rapidly across Africa by confirming the true identity of their users in real time, using any smartphone or computer. Our technology is powered by proprietary Machine Learning algorithms designed specifically for African faces, devices and network connections.
Our team is a diverse group of hardworking, truth-seeking, and fun-loving Smilers spanning 5 offices, 10 countries and 8 time zones. Our products are already making waves across many industries, from Banking to Fintech and Telecoms. We recently announced a $20M Series B raise and are backed by leading global investors, including Norsken22, Costanoa, CRE, Future Africa, Susa Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Courtside Ventures, Two Culture Capital, Latitude, Valuestream Ventures, Intercept Ventures and Vinod Khosla who are supporting us every step of the way.
Do you like working alongside a team of intelligent individuals? Do you want to have fun while making a real difference? Here at Smile Identity, you'll get the freedom and autonomy you need to do your best work, the flexibility to be creative, and the opportunity to grow and put your unique stamp on our mission.
What are you waiting for? Come with us on this amazing journey!
Smile ID seeks a results-driven Product Marketing Manager to spearhead our product messaging, launch strategies, and event management while significantly contributing to sales enablement and demand generation. The ideal candidate will possess deep experience in product marketing within the identity verification or financial services sectors and a nuanced understanding of the African market, with a preference for expertise in South Africa or East Africa.
This role reports directly to our Director of Marketing, Peace Itimi, with close collaboration with the commercial team working with our CEO, Mark Straub, Sales Director Dipo Omogbenigun and the Product team with Kwame and Ope.
In the marketing team, you’d join a diverse team that includes a visual designer and web developer.
- Product Messaging: Develop compelling messaging that differentiates Smile ID products in the market, resonates with targeted segments and meets customer needs.
- Product Launches: Plan and execute successful product launches, coordinating with cross-functional teams to ensure a unified go-to-market strategy.
- Event Management: Organize and manage product-related events, including webinars, conferences, and workshops, ensuring high-quality engagement with our brand.
- Sales Enablement: Create effective sales tools and collateral that enable the sales team to convert leads and close deals efficiently.
- Market Intelligence: Be the expert on our buyers, understanding how they buy and their buying criteria; be the authority on our competition and how to outmanoeuvre them.
- Data Analysis: Utilize a data-centric approach to measure and report on the effectiveness of marketing activities and gain insights for optimisation.
- Content Writing: Writing our Monthly roundup newsletters and contributing to our blog on the marketing website. In addition, you will write email campaigns leveraging your product knowledge to nurture MQLs and convert them to demo calls (SQLs); as well as provide UX copy feedback to the product design team.
What We’re Looking For
- Attention to detail. You must have very high standards for the quality of work you put out.
- Minimum of 3 years in product marketing, with experience in identity verification or financial services.
- Exceptional copywriting and content creation skills with a proven ability to craft engaging and persuasive narratives.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data, derive insights and make data-driven decisions.
- Market Knowledge: In-depth knowledge of the African market, with a strong preference for candidates with experience in South Africa and or East Africa.
- A learner. To succeed in this role, you must be willing to learn and able to learn very quickly.
- Ability to think strategically and to translate strategy into actionable plans.
- Team Player. Collaborative mindset with the ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Self-Starter. Highly motivated and capable of managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Adaptability. Comfortable with ambiguity and rapid changes in direction.
- Prior experience with remote, distributed teams is a strong plus
- Ability to autonomously manage simultaneous projects in a fast-paced, digital, remote business environment
- Proficient with Google Suite or related software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What Smile ID Offers:
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- A dynamic, innovative, and inclusive culture.
- Opportunities for career growth and development.
- A chance to work on products that are transforming digital identity verification across Africa.