Regional Manager of SoCal
Returnmates is a fast-growing, seed-stage, LA-based technology and logistics startup that provides brands with a customer centric delivery and returns experience for their shoppers. Our mission is to make online shopping more enjoyable by creating a seamless post purchase experience. We combine technology and logistics to provide a white-glove service for consumers -- step by step delivery tracking, SMS customer support and boxless, printerless (!) doorstep returns. If you want to join an innovative team that is tackling an area of e-commerce that has been left out to dry, this is the place for you.
Returnmates is seeking an experienced Regional Operations Manager to own our San Diego and Orange County markets. You’ll be responsible for leading teams across the two markets consisting of an Operations Associate/Analyst, Warehouse Leads, Warehouse Associates, Middle Mile Leads, and 1099 Driver Partners. This role reports directly into our General Manager, West Coast.
The Regional Operations Manager (OM) position is the most dynamic and critical role at Returnmates. As our next OM, you will be responsible for thousands of customer packages and ensuring they are delivered on time to their destination. This includes directing the cargo inbound and outbound processes of receipt and launching drivers; managing a streamlined and efficient warehouse sort operation that accurately and effectively distributes packages to where they are supposed to go; providing our 1099 Driver Partners with the training, information, and guidance to deliver to our customers on-time; analyzing the market’s, as well as your team’s, performance and developing plans for continuous improvement; and owning the entire customer experience from end-to-end in your city. The OM works cross-functionally across the business with Driver Ops, Logistics, Sales, Tech/Product, and Customer Support teams to execute on our customers’ daily needs. Your day-to-day efforts will support aggressive growth and expansion at a rapidly growing, early-stage startup.
** The ideal candidate will be able to travel 20% of the time between San Diego and Orange County **
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with the GM, West Coast to develop the operations strategy roadmap for the San Diego and Orange County markets
- Build, develop, and lead a team of Warehouse professionals and Associate/Analyst level operators
- Drive local market unit economic sustainability, operational efficiency, performance, and profitability through diligently following and training on SOP as well as the RM operational infrastructure (systems, tools, and processes)
- Contract a fleet of 1099 Delivery Drivers against projected growth in demand and partner with the Drivers to improve their experience and performance
- Analyze daily and weekly performance of the local operation and recommend process improvements based on the findings
- Own local market growth projects focused on scaling our operations and improving current performance, quality, profitability, and customer experience
- Implement data-driven solutions to daily operational challenges such as improving speed of delivery, quality of delivery, accuracy of sort, and the experience of our customers and partners
- Collaborate closely with the GM, West Coast to develop goals and KPIs for your market