Lactation Consultant / RN/IBCLC (In Home & Telehealth)- Austin TX
Partum Health is seeking an RN/IBCLC to provide personalized evidence-based lactation consultations to our prenatal and postnatal clients in the Austin Region. The RN/IBCLC will work in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team of maternal health experts that includes physical therapists, mental health therapists, nutritionists, doulas and dedicated care coordinators- all of whom collaborate to make Partum Health’s whole person care care model for growing families a reality.
As a valuable member of our team you’ll be responsible for delivering clinical care- supporting the parent-infant breastfeeding dyad in both the antepartum and postpartum period. The role includes evaluating, diagnosing, counseling, educating and treating patients in Austin and the surrounding suburbs through telehealth and in-home appointments.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing passionate team focused on advancing women’s health for mothers, babies and their families.
This is a contractor role and offers the flexibility to set your own hours and grow with our team. Partum Health is currently seeking RN/IBCLCs with flexibility to provide home visits within the city of Chicago.
- Provide lactation/infant feeding support via telehealth and in-person, in-home care
- Facilitate breast/chestfeeding support for Partum Health’s clients
- Promote breast/chestfeeding and assist parents in reaching their own breast/chestfeeding goals.
- Review, update and evaluate suitable educational materials to facilitate understanding.
- Adjust teaching to meet patient and family needs including language and literacy level.
- Documents patient education and progress in accordance with practice standards within our HIPAA compliant EHR.
- Communicate via our HIPAA compliant chat with patients as needed.
- Maintain professional growth in the area of educational techniques to promote quality patient education services.
- Provide materials necessary to promote successful breastfeeding to client examples include nipple shields and needle-free syringes.
- Consistently ensure a world-class level of clinical care and patient experience; ensure all services are completed according to relevant ethical and professional standards of care; which ensure patient confidentiality.
- Demonstrated excellent written/verbal communication skills and excellent "bedside" manner
- Excitement to join a team building an innovative model for supporting growing families
- Commitment to delivering exceptional, evidence based care to clients and are hungry to achieve great clinical outcomes for your clients
- Creativity and flexibility are part of how you approach work along with a strong client service orientation
- Excellent at forging successful and respectful relationships with the entire team
Qualifications and work requirements
- You are a qualified RN/IBCLC
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) with maintenance of Board Certification per IBCLE requirements
- Maintenance of State Licensure in good standing, if required by the State in which IBCLC practices their trade
- Registered Nurse (RN) with maintenance of Board Certification and State Licensure in good standing as required by the State in which RN practices their trade
- You have 1+ year in a patient facing role, ideally delivering lactation support to patients
- You can commit to a minimum of 10 hours/month in a telehealth and in-home setting and can coordinate with Partum Health staff and clients to schedule in a timely manner
- You have Ability to carry professional liability insurance covering care provided
Why Work as an RN/IBCLC at Partum Health:
- Work when you want: You set your own hours each week including the option to open or close weekends and evening hours. No pre-defined shifts - work when and for as long as you want!
- We manage the Admin: We will manage credentialing, find you patients, enroll patients into your care, maintain an easy to use EHR, and submit claims so you can focus on care.
- Simplified, timely and competitive pay: Get paid competitively for delivering care- payments for services provided, period. Without the hassle of managing clinical billing (we take care of that). Get paid within a week of delivering care.
- Enjoy the flexibility of our hybrid care model: Our approach, which combines the ability to deliver care from the comfort of your home via telehealth and in-home when patients need it most, gives you flexibility in how you serve clients
- Make an impact: Work with a highly motivated patient population during one of the most important phases of their lives- preconception through the perinatal period. Help implement a proactive approach to care with the potential to dramatically improve outcomes for patients.
- Learn and grow with us: We believe in continued growth, as part of our team you will have opportunities to expand beyond your clinical skills and collaborate with the full time team to develop our product and service offerings.
Partum Health is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws