Business Development Manager
When it comes to food experience, me&u helps you always feel like a local. The company’s vision is to bring that feeling to everyone, anywhere - so no matter what neighbourhood you live in or visit, you’ll always know the perfect place to go and exactly what to order.
me&u is used by 6000+ bars, pubs, and restaurants to create memorable guest experiences and grow their brands. With 200 staff in five countries, and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, me&u is the consolidation of two leading hospitality technology companies: Mr Yum and me&u, who merged in November 2023.
About The Role
As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for researching, identifying and securing new hospitality venues for me&u to partner with. You will spend time with the most creative and innovative hospitality businesses, working with them to understand their business, the challenges they face, and tailoring an appropriate solution to support them.
What You'll Do
- Manage the end-to-end sales process from lead generation to product demonstration & sales pitch, answering client questions & providing solutions to objections, rate negotiations, proposal, and handover to the project lead team.
- Develop relationships within the market with POS and industry partners to drive referrals and generate leads and work alongside the GM to find ways to maximize value from these connections.
- Maintain a relationship with your client to ensure a smooth onboarding rollout, remove any blockers, and revisit accounts not yet activated.
- Work collaboratively across teams, including Marketing, Implementation, and Account Management, to ensure a smooth handover to implementation and communicate important client information and insights to achieve mutually beneficial client outcomes.
- Monitor and observe the market to identify new features and product ideas ahead of the curve. Feed information back to the GM to help support the product roadmap.
- Adoption & use of internal tools such as Slack, Front, Loom, Figma, Notion, Hubspot, Sisense
What You'll Need
- B2B sales experience
- Proven track record of leading by example with your own sales results
- Knowledge of sales principles and practices, and an ability to coach others on them
- Experience with managing deals and pipelines in sales CRMs
Nice To Have
- An understanding of the hospitality and/or entertainment industry
- Startup experience
- MEDDIC sales methodology training
- Hubspot experience
Work with impact and purpose. We’re helping the hospitality and entertainment industries to thrive and me&u is at the forefront of this. Expect collaboration and interesting problems to solve.
Work with great people. Work alongside a supportive, diverse and inclusive team. You’ll have the trust, freedom and support to experiment and not be afraid of failure but to learn from it...and have fun together along the way.
Work that challenges you. We’re growing quickly, and you will too. You’ll have numerous opportunities to embrace discomfort, grow and learn as me&u expands and scales globally.
Work that works for you. We’re a flexible, remote-friendly place with inclusive leave options and day-to-day work times to suit your routine. We prioritise our team’s mental health & overall wellbeing, with access to mental health days and support programs.
Diversity and Inclusion Commitment
We’re committed to growing and empowering an inclusive me&u community. That’s why we actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. If you require accessibility assistance at any stage of the process, please let us know.