Hi! We're Forerunner.
We believe that climate adaptation is a necessity, not a luxury, and communities deserve access to powerful software that helps them plan for the future. The challenge of climate change is complex – it implicates how municipalities plan, manage capital, and communicate to both residents and higher levels of government. Forerunner helps local communities do these things better by empowering them to access, understand, and mobilize local-level flood risk data at scale.
We are looking to bring on an Administrative Assistant to ensure the smooth operation of the company by managing various tasks. The role requires effective collaboration with all departments.
What You'll Do
As the Administrative Assistant at Forerunner you will:
- Facilitate team coordination. Collaborate closely with teammates to efficiently manage calendars, schedule meetings, schedule interviews and assist with our onsite office needs (i.e. supply ordering, building access, etc.) Your organizational skills are crucial in our dynamic environment to ensure smooth operations.
- Monitor and update records. Track deal progress and maintain comprehensive documentation across departments. Accurate tracking and documentation foster seamless collaboration and enhance overall efficiency.
- Maintain documentation and ensure up-to-date record-keeping. Continuously identify areas for improvement in data management to uphold organizational standards of completeness and organization.
- Enhance accounts receivable efficiency. Collaborate across departments to follow up on late payments, track progress, and implement measures for streamlining processes.
- Support ongoing conversations with clear communication. Engage with internal and external stakeholders through effective written and verbal communication on a variety of topics.
- Assist with new employee onboarding and account access. Ensure smooth onboarding processes for new hires, including setting up account access and providing necessary resources.
- Balance and prioritize multiple projects. Manage multiple tasks simultaneously, leveraging problem-solving skills and collaboration to drive solutions to completion.
- Are detail-oriented, a strong communicator and committed to quality. We're passionate about delivering best in class service for both our internal and external stakeholders. A successful candidate will share this enthusiasm.
- Are comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity. We are looking for someone who can be nimble in prioritizing work and isn't shy in taking on additional responsibility.
- You demonstrate a proactive approach. As a small startup, anticipating challenges and actively seeking solutions to drive continuous improvement and innovation within our team is important to us.
What We Offer
Forerunner is an early stage company with an interdisciplinary team. We are motivated by seemingly intractable problems and work hard to support one another.
We're mission-driven. Our mission orients our business strategy and pushes us to work with a sense of urgency. We’re in the weeds - our entire team spends time engaging with our partners in the field to better understand the real-world problems they face.
We're a small team. As a member of our growing team, you will quickly become an invaluable part of our organization and have a meaningful impact on our business and technical direction. We welcome unique perspectives and backgrounds. Your opinion matters and we hope you'll share it.
We build each other up. A team works best when its members are adequately equipped with the tools to tackle the problems they are facing. Forerunner strives to provide adequate feedback and appropriate learning opportunities to help all its team members expand their skills.
We want you to be happy and healthy. Forerunner offers competitive compensation, health/vision/dental coverage, a 401k plan, and one expensed lunch per week. We also have a quarterly wellness reimbursement so that you can have flexibility in defining what “health” means to you.
The salary range for this position is $50,000 - $70,000. This posting may span more than one career level. Compensation is determined based on a variety of factors, including an individual’s skills, experience, qualifications, and working location.