Director of Sales
Hi! We're Forerunner.
We believe that climate adaptation is a necessity, not a luxury, and communities deserve access to powerful software that helps them plan for the future. The challenge of climate change is complex – it implicates how municipalities plan, manage capital, and communicate to both residents and higher levels of government. Forerunner helps local communities do these things better by empowering them to access, understand, and mobilize local-level flood risk data at scale.
We are looking to bring a Director of Sales onboard to lead the Sales organization through our next stage of growth.
A Director of Sales at Forerunner will be a consultative, mission driven leader with a passion for growing sales talent - with prior experience selling B2B software.
We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply - the problem of climate change impacts all of us, and we want to reflect that within our team's composition.
What You'll Do
As the Director of Sales at Forerunner you will:
- Collaborate with our executive team to develop, execute, and optimize Forerunner’s sales strategy. You’ll be responsible for continuously managing and reviewing Forerunner’s sales pipeline to ensure accurate forecasting/reporting. You’ll also work closely with our Operations team to mature our pricing model and sales processes. For Forerunner’s highest level opportunities, you’ll partner with the executive team to develop strategic approaches that take into overall business plan and long-term vision.
- Manage, develop, and grow a dynamic team of Account Executives and Sales Development Representatives. We’re proud to have an inspiring, mission-aligned team and we’ll look to you to create a sales culture that is positive, motivating, and results driven. As we grow, you’ll partner with Talent + People to recruit high-performing individuals and work to provide them with actionable performance feedback. In your day-to-day, you’ll act as an escalation point for closing challenging deals and provide ongoing deal support to team members. Occasional travel for meetings and conference will be required.
- Work closely across teams to ensure success. Your role will be highly collaborative and you’ll spend time working across the organization by doing things like: Providing crucial market feedback to our Product team, working with our Director of Customer Success to ensure a great customer experience, and partnering with our Marketing team to inform a sustainable lead generation strategy.
What you bring
- 8+ years of B2B SaaS sales experience (early stage a plus)
- A passion for building top of the line sales and business development teams
- Curiosity, a desire for continuous learning, and comfort in the undefined
- Ability to engage collaboratively & influence cross functionally
- Experience recruiting, hiring, and onboarding Account Executives and SDRs.
Nice to Have
- Experience working with government affairs professionals
- Prior govtech experience
- Experience working with software resellers
What We Offer
Forerunner is an early stage company with an interdisciplinary team. We are motivated by seemingly intractable problems and work hard to support one another.
We're mission-driven. Our mission orients our business strategy and pushes us to work with a sense of urgency. We’re in the weeds - our entire team spends time engaging with our partners in the field to better understand the real-world problems they face.
We're a small team. As a member of our growing team, you will quickly become an invaluable part of our organization and have a meaningful impact on our business and technical direction. We welcome unique perspectives and backgrounds. Your opinion matters and we hope you'll share it.
We build each other up. A team works best when its members are adequately equipped with the tools to tackle the problems they are facing. Forerunner strives to provide adequate feedback and appropriate learning opportunities to help all its team members expand their skills.
We want you to be happy and healthy. Forerunner offers competitive compensation, health/vision/dental coverage, a 401k plan, and one expensed lunch per week. We also have a quarterly wellness reimbursement so that you can have flexibility in defining what “health” means to you.
The salary range for this position is $150,000 - $1800,000 base. Base salary is one component of Forerunner's total rewards philosophy. Other components may include commission, equity, professional development allowance, and more.This posting may span more than one career level. Compensation is determined based on a variety of factors, including an individual’s skills, experience, qualifications, and working location.