Java Software Engineer
UserGems is hiring for a skilled Java software engineer to join our engineering team to play a key role in the backend development of our products.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in being a part of a tech startup with an award winning product! You’ll be around fun, talented people that are passionate about coding and technology and professionally developing in their career.
We’ve raised $20M Series A from investors including Craft Ventures, Uncork Capital, Battery Ventures, and Tiger Global.
UserGems helps companies generate more revenue by identifying buyers who will most likely buy from them. By monitoring a company’s existing customer list for customer contacts that change jobs or move companies.
Each month, our customers get a list with these changes; identified and ranked by our proprietary algorithm. This algorithm combines thousands of data points to generate the best possible prospecting list, uniquely tailored to them so their sales team’s pipeline is always up to date with the correct prospect information so they can reach out to them.
As a Java Software Engineer you will:
- Be part of the data aggregation and analytics team.
- Work together with an experienced development team to create high-quality applications that meet the needs of the user.
- Participate in all stages of the software product development life cycle. This may include analyzing system and user requirements, designing software flowcharts, writing clean Java code, troubleshooting bugs, and running tests to improve system functionality.
- Analyze system and user requirements for the software product.
- Propose, design, and implement solutions to improve the stability, quality, and reliability of systems.
- Understand our tech stack, development philosophies, and workflows and propose changes as needed.
- Design system integrations and project workflows.
- Write clean, scalable Java code.
- Create and prioritize and development tasks.
- Test and debug software applications.
- Validate the functionality and security of the application.
About our tech stack
You will design and build software primarily in Java and PostgreSql. For our Microservices, we’re currently working with Java. Other languages are explored and chosen based on the best suited language for a task. Our tech stack:
- Java to implement our workers and our Microservices
- Kubernetes to host our services
- Docker to build our workers
- A typed OOP code base
- OpenAPI to provide HTTP interface
- AWS managed PostgreSql for data storage
- RabbitMQ for micro service communication
- Graylog for log management
- Jira for agile development process
- BitBucket as VCS
- Datadog for performance monitoring
- You have a degree in computer science or similar work experience working as a Java software engineer, Java architect, or Java developer
- You have at least two years of work experience in Java development
- You have expert knowledge of Java coding and development
- You love coding and test cases, and breathe Clean Code
- You are highly proficient in reading, writing, and understanding the English language
- You have excellent software troubleshooting skills
- You are proactive and like to take on a lot of responsibility
- You have the ability to manage projects
- You have a passion for working with technology products and solving customer needs
- You thrive in a fast-paced, high-performance team environment
Why you should join:
- You’ll be part of a fast-growing startup as it scales from 60 employees to 100
- Customers love us! (see our Customers page and G2 Reviews). They see ROI in Closed Won revenue generated
- Employees love us! (see our Glassdoor & RepVue page)
- We're a remote-first company with employees across the Americas and Europe
- We have weekly standups, virtual happy hours, and in-person off-sites around the world so that everyone stays connected
- We are customer-focused and data-driven in everything we do
- We offer competitive pay
- We value individual differences in the workforce and strive to make everyone feel welcomed and accepted, regardless of their skin color, gender, or sexual orientation