Birth and or Postpartum Doula (Houston, TX)
Partum Health is seeking Birth and or Postpartum Doulas to provide personalized evidence-based, physical, emotional and educational support to our clients in Houston Texas. As a member of the Partum Health Team, the doula will join our world class group of maternal health experts and work in collaboration with physical therapists, mental health therapists, nutritionists, IBCLCs and dedicated care coordinators- all of whom collaborate to make Partum Health’s whole person care care model for growing families a reality.
The doula will play a central role in providing exceptional services to a family that transform the experience of welcoming a newborn. By providing culturally appropriate services that help a family to thrive in the earliest days the doula will empower parents as they start the journey as a bigger family.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing passionate team focused on advancing women’s health for mothers, babies and their families.
This is a contractor role and offers the flexibility to set your own hours and grow with our team. Partum Health is currently seeking Doulas across the Houston region with a priority on doulas who provide overnight care.
- Serve as a birth or postpartum doula to families, providing the client with emotional, physical, and educational support.
- Deliver exceptional, reliable support to clients in accordance with birth needs or pre-determined schedules. Core responsibilities include may include (depending on role as a birth or postpartum doula)
- Listen to the concerns and questions of the client and family in a kind, non-judgemental way and offer the best possible non-medical advice.
- Help clients prepare for labor but assisting in development of birth plans, engaging to answer questions and providing evidence based guidance to prep for birth.
- Provide practical support and advice to the client to prepare for or after childbirth.
- Provide educational resources to inform and empower the client in their parenting and postnatal recovery,
- Assist in whatever way possible to make the transition to parenthood easier, including but not limited to breastfeeding or feeding assistance, tidying the home, involving the other parent and or sibling(s), meal preparation
- Collaborate with the Partum Health care team to facilitate scheduling appointments as needed across our services
- Communicate across the family’s care team to keep all informed of patient needs
- Engage with client’s on Partum Health’s HIPAA compliant messaging app by providing responses to questions as they are sent
- Keep up to date on care by conducting research, networking with other Doulas, and attending workshops and lectures
- Maintain schedule visibility and work with Partum Health team members to keep your availability up to date for current and future clients
- Conduct interviews with clients to ensure fit and align on schedules prior to formal hiring.
This role is prefect for you if you bring...
- Excitement to join a team building an innovative model for supporting growing families
- Dependable and reliable for the families you serve
- Commitment to delivering exceptional, evidence based care to clients
- Commitment to continued learning and staying up to date on the latest guidelines on newborn and maternal care from sources including AAP and ACOG
- Creativity and flexibility to the work and a client service orientation
- Excellent at forging successful and respectful relationships with the entire team
Qualifications and work requirements:
- Birth Doula: Completed full certification as a doula care provider
- Postpartum Doulas: Completed Postpartum doula Training course from a certifying entity (required); preferred, completed full certification
- 1+ years experience as a newborn care provider in a professional capacity (e.g. doula, nanny, daycare setting, etc.)
- Willingness to maintain professional liability coverage (required)
- CPR certification (required)
- Willingness to work in Chicagoland Area
- Overnight doula capacity (strongly preferred)
Why Work as an Doula at Partum Health:
- Make an impact: Work with a highly motivated patient population during one of the most important phases of their lives- preconception through the perinatal period. Help implement a proactive approach to care with the potential to dramatically improve outcomes for patients.
- Work when you want: You set your own hours each week including the option to open or close weekends and evening hours. No pre-defined shifts - work when and for as long as you want!
- We manage the Admin: We take care of the business side of being a doula, we find you clients and enroll them into your care, we cover billing, and we help make su maintain an easy to use EHR, and submit claims so you can focus on care.
- Simplified, timely and competitive pay: Get paid competitively for delivering care- payments for services provided, period. Get paid within a week of delivering care.
- We are your partners in delivering care- doulas are amazing at keeping lists of referrals for their patients to see when needs arise, but that’s a lot of work. With Partum can deliver the services your clients need in house. No more worrying about whether or not your clients can get in with other specialists in a timely way. Our dedicated care lead also partners with you, so you are not alone in managing patient needs. We are with you every step of the way.
● Learn and grow with us: We believe in continued growth, as part of our team you will have
Partum Health is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws