Software Engineer - Frontend
Operant is hiring a Frontend Software Engineer to join us and help build our product UI. The ideal candidate will bring prior experience on building UI stacks and frameworks from the ground up with being able to rapidly iterate on the tech stack as the product needs evolve. If you are excited by the idea of being an early engineer at a startup that is poised to lead the next wave of application security products, we would love to hear from you.
Who We Are:
At Operant, we are building a transformational Application Security product for cloud-native security engineering teams. Operant's product brings industry-first runtime analytics and enforcement capabilities that secure modern apps across every layer of the cloud native stack. We are passionate about bringing state of the art technological innovations that our founding team has built on from Operating Systems/Distributed Systems/ML to the world of cloud-native security, and building a product that is ready to take on the rising complexity and massive scale of today’s cloud native applications.
- Build the UI flows showcasing our rich data-driven analytics and enforcement capabilities
- Build a dynamic, responsive user experience that meets the rapidly increasing scale requirements of our customer deployments and end users
- Interface with GraphQL APIs and data rich cloud native services
- Come up with well-reasoned architectural choices for product UI to meet stability and performance, while being agile
- Embed security best practices within code development
- Help set the development culture, code/test/release best practices
- Function independently while being able to make technical choices in the presence of unknowns
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other engineering leaders
- Work closely with customers through MVP onboarding
- Take active interest in understanding customer problems while building features in an iterative manner
- 3+ years experience of hands-on front-end development in a fast-paced engineering org
- Experience with React, Node.js, Typescript, Material, HTML and CSS, and similar front-end stack is required
- Experience with GraphQL APIs, D3, and other data-driven analytics frameworks; user signup flows is preferred
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work independently as part of a remote team.
- Awareness of Cloud Tech stacks (AWS/ GCP/ Azure) and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Operating Systems /Network Security fundamentals
What you can expect from us:
Operant is an equal opportunity workplace where you will find an open and supportive environment to share your thoughts and ideas, while enabling you to springboard your career in a high-growth, high-energy startup.
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid holidays
- Generous PTO
- Stock options
How to Apply:
Does this role sound like a good fit? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit our careers form below.